7.09.2009

Put a Rug on It

Sometimes I feel that we've laid acres of hardwood flooring -- a choice we made because we like how they look AND because carpet holds too many allergens for those of us with genetically inferior immune systems. But hardwood floors can be a little boring and, well, hard -- so I've had my feelers out for rugs that might soften things up while protecting the floors and looking good.

Here are some of my favorites that I've bookmarked recently. FYI there's no rhyme or reason to the choices here... I just chose them because they fit my taste and could possibly work in one of our rooms. (I also tried not to choose too many that are in an aspirational rather than a realistic price range, because I'm not into torturing myself with things I can't or refuse to afford.)

So without further ado, my current rug wish list:

Above: Port Stripe Blue Cotton Woven Rug - preppy, nautical, perfect for summer (Dash & Albert)

Above: Flock in Corn and Cream - simultaneously grown up and modern, and possibly my favorite of all (Thomas Paul)

Above: Dhurri Rug - recycled (always a consideration) and especially cool with the silvery threads (Matta)

Above: Poppy Flower Hooked Wool Rug - maybe a nice pop of color for fall/winter? (Urban Outfitters)

Above: Jute Diamond rug - natural, utilitarian and interesting, with lots of texture (west elm)

Above: Floral Fresco Rug - if I had a daughter, I hope she'd want this in her room because it's a little girly for anywhere else... (Anthropologie)


Above: Diamond Kilim Printed Rug - not sure why kilim rugs are so popular right now, but I do like some of them. Like this one in particular. A lot. (Urban Outfitters)

Above: The ever-popular Flokati rug - I think it's coolness speaks for itself, especially if it were under my desk in my home office, making me the chillest telecommuter ever. (IKEA)

I have weird and eclectic taste, I know. Does anyone have any other good sources for affordable, stylish rugs?

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 15, 2009

    TJMAXX-- you never know what you'll find there, but it will always be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering the majority of my clothes are from TJ Maxx, that's probably a good bet. I haven't been there in awhile though, in an attempt to save money for exciting things like a water heater and a heat pump. Do they generally carry larger sized rugs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 20, 2009

    They carry a variety of sizes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!