9.28.2009

There She Grows

Watching grass grow, for being the benchmark of boring activities, is kind of exciting around these parts.

S planted a mix of hopeful little fescue and blue grass seeds about 2.5 weeks ago, and we are kind of amazed to find they are actually growing. (Well, at least in some places.)

The large amounts of rainfall we've gotten lately did wash some of the seeds into lower-lying spots, leaving the yard a bit patchy, but at the same time it has helped the seeds to really sprout up quickly.

Lusciousness!
I mean, below is a picture of the side yard just 3 weeks ago, just before we seeded. You can't tell me that's not exciting! (Seriously. Don't ruin this for me.)

Meanwhile, as rain starts falling again outside my window, some dreadful germ is trying to grow in my lungs. I've been hacking around and feeling generally gross all day, and yesterday I had the migraine of the century for about 6 excruciating hours. I don't usually get migraines, so I think my body is telling me I need to take it easy.

I had a project all planned out for this week, but instead I may just curl up under a blanket somewhere, finish reading Anna Karenina and watch the grass grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!