10.22.2009

Unwanted Guests

I haven't actually seen or heard any intruders flitting about the house lately, but I know they are there. Exhibit A:


This is not the first time we've had unwanted guests -- oh no, I could tell you stories -- but this is the first time in several months we've had anything more significant than a spider (and less mystical than a hippie). Since the house still isn't completely sealed, I guess this might start becoming more common now that colder temperatures are settling in.

To make matters worse, an Asian lady beetle just happened to divebomb into my glass of water, thoroughly grossing me out at the same moment I am writing about having a wild bird loose in the house.

Just when you think you're getting closer to living a civilized life...

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of Under the Tuscan Sun-- remember, if it plops on your head indoors, you're in for some crazy good luck! Imagine in what directions that good luck could possibly lead...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!