12.15.2009

Living Large: Living Room Update

It's been awhile since I've posted progress on the living room, but it's now getting exciting enough to share. The drywall is now up and finished, and my dad came this weekend to trim the doors and windows. It's a big room -- about 500 square feet -- and I'm looking forward to chilling out in its spaciousness someday soon. (You can come!)

Below: Can you see where S started sanding the floor joints to prepare to lay flooring?
Below: Future entertainment wall. It will be SO nice to have TV again!
Below: Utility closet, space heater (still no heat!) and tools that need to be stored elsewhere.
Below: Very rickety old bookshelf that will soon be firewood. I'm clearing it off tool by tool...
Below: Dust-covered ebony stained steps, with the risers primed and ready for paint.

Still left to do:

  • Cover steel beam with trim molding
  • Lay flooring (I'm actually excited about this)
  • Install baseboard
  • Caulk windows and doors
  • Prime and paint walls and trim
  • Install steps leading from dining room to living room
  • Probably a hundred things I'm forgetting because I don't want to overwhelm myself

It's kind of hard to know what to do next, but our goal is to have it mostly done before the New Year. I think it's possible. Maybe. Yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!