1.11.2010

For Carrying Your Wallet, Keys and 3,820 Other Essentials

I've got some posts about the house coming up this week, but first I wanted to share something off-topic just for fun. I'm on the hunt for a new bag for carrying my everyday essentials. Since I'm both cheap and picky, it can be tough to find bags I really like within my budget. Plus, whatever I buy needs to be rugged and sturdy and look better with age, because I tend to put my bags to hard use and keep them for a long time.

So without further ado, here's a little roundup of some ruggedly cool yet (mostly) affordable bags that I've found online recently in case someone else who shares my taste is looking for some ideas:

I'll take one of each, please! And apparently my favorite color right now is mustard yellow. Who knew? And for the price, does it get any better than the round tote with the braided handle?

**Sources**

Top Row: Canvas Clutch - for smaller loads (Brook Farm General Store, $48), Fjallraven Kanken Mini Backpack in Mustard (Creatures of Comfort, $60, and JCrew is selling them too!), Custom Boat and Tote with Dark Bronze bottom and handles (LLBean.com, $32 for medium size)

Middle Row: Jill Rappaport Expanding Tote (Pendleton Mills, $173), Wm. J. Mills duck canvas Flight Bag in Sunshine (Wm. J. Mills & Co., $115, had my eye on this since our trip to Maine in September!), Western Safety Round Canvas Bag (Harbor Freight Tools, $15)

Bottom Row: Klein Tools 12" Canvas Tool Bag (MyToolStore.com, $48), British Engineer Bag (ArmyNavySales.com, $10), Diesel "Strong" bag (Diesel, $190)

4 comments:

  1. Yup. Yup. Yup. We have the same taste... in most things I see from looking at your website :) Oh and I love the "country" mood but I found it to be more "log-cabin-cottagy" than "country". I think you can do classic country without it being hokey and you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37678191

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38610642

    I don't know what that first bag says... but I REALLY like it for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds! Why did you have to move away from Maryland? We could be drinking hot cocoa together this afternoon! That second tote is especially cute. I love etsy. Some people are so talented.

    Check this one out. Actually I'd take any of the bags in this shop:

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37695006

    And this!

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25491825

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I posted a big response on here and it is VAMOOSE?! That's ok, I will post again :)

    I don't know how we have lost contact like this for such a long period of time. I enjoy keeping up with your blog and seeing what's going down or up with the house :) I don't update my blog at all really but I am pretty sure I will whenever I get pregnant one day and have something really interesting to blog about. I am still a guidance counselor... so looking forward to having tomorrow off for MLKJ day :) Woo hoo! Work is busy but enjoyable and everything else is pretty much the same around here! Write me back if you get a chance- we could always use facebook msg if you'd rather!
    And yes... I'd love to be sitting in big cozy chairs with you, sipping hot chocolate and doing some online shopping. Maybe one day? Let's just have kids at the same time and force friendship upon them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!