1.29.2010

A week of adventure...

It's been quite a week around here, I tell ya. Here's a little recap of what I did:
  1. Monday: Showered in brown water, because whenever we get a lot of rain that's just what happens to our water. Sounds gross (and dulls your highlights), but the minerals make your skin glow! Someday we'll get a filter thingy, but for now we deal.
  2. Tuesday: The heat stopped working, so I got through my workday by cuddling up to a space heater and wearing gloves.
  3. Wednesday: Chased a bird out of the living room. (See above, taken when he flew into the utility closet.)
  4. Thursday: Chased a bird out of the living room again, and opened a can of soup with a hammer and a chisel. (See picture.)
  5. Friday: It's still early. We'll see what the day brings.

As I was recounting these events to S last night, he started singing, "Emma, the Adventurer... Emma, warrior without fear!" -- you know, the Conan song. I think the song was actually a celebration that he wasn't the one who had to shoo the birds out of the house.

I have some really good news though -- next week is going to start off with a bang, because on Monday I'll be announcing a really neat giveaway to help spruce up your house. How excited are you? So stop back on Monday to enter, and tell you friends so they can enter too!

3 comments:

  1. Showering in brown water? Ewwww! I'd be checking into a hotel at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your life surely is not boring! What an adventure. Thanks for stopping by, I love my Bomber hay too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl! Penny's right about the adventure. Keep a flag and a camera ready for that moment when you get to the top of this mountain-- and remember: "That's no hill for a stepper!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!