3.03.2010

Wardrobe-Inspired Decor: Wedding Dress Drapes

Last week I mentioned how many designers recommend taking cues from your wardrobe when decorating your house. Lately I've been stumbling across photos of rooms that really strike me -- not because they match my everyday wardrobe, but because they match my wedding dress!

(My silk dress was handmade by Cristina Arzuaga in NYC. Hooray for sample sales!)
Now, I have absolutely no place in my house to hang pale pink silk dupioni drapes (especially if I want to remain married to S)... and it's too much of a good thing for my taste anyway. But obviously I am drawn to the fabric and the good memories that go with it. So, just for fun...

I especially like how it's used in this first room below. It adds a touch of luxury without being too frilly.

Room by Jason Martin via D*S

Designer Tracy Reese's apartment, via MoodBoard

Via Luna and Chloe

It's funny what catches your eye one day and becomes your "thing." Do any of you have a "thing" that you always notice or look for? I'd also love to see someone else do this with their wedding dress! Please!

4 comments:

  1. OMG this is AMAAAAAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, PLEASE!!! Emily, you are a woman after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not officially a 'pink' girl by nature (I know, I know!)--but suddenly, I LOVE PINK!

    {I have often been drawn to the pink/green combo, though. Think: roses & foliage}.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meadowbelle - I like pink when done right, but I never thought I'd have a pink sash on my wedding dress until I saw that dress on the rack!I felt it was the perfect blend of feminine and unfussy. FYI our bridesmaid dresses were pale green!

    Just checked out your shop - love the peacock boutonniere and all the flower fascinators! Oh, how I love weddings...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!