8.05.2010

Thirtyeight20 Style at Pottery Barn

As I flipped through the latest Pottery Barn catalog this week, my eyes were immediately drawn to the newly introduced Glasgow Entertaining Bar ($1300).

Look familiar? It has that same weathered-and-wheeled look as the living room entertainment console my dad made for us last winter out of my grandfather's old railroad cart that had been lying around in the barn.

Except for that mess of cords that I really need to wrangle more gracefully, I love our cart. It's got a sense of history and is virtually indestructible. It's also amazingly heavy and would certainly defeat the Pottery Barn version were there such a thing as Celebrity Death Match for furniture.

In other news, we haven't spent much time with our TV lately and our Netflix queue is empty. Any good movie suggestions? I feel like I've seen everything already, twice.

6 comments:

  1. You have to go to the theater to see Despicable Me! SO CUTE! Even my husband enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cart is cuter too AND has a story behind it. :) Better than Pottery Barn for sure.

    As for Netflix suggestions...just finished watching the following movies: A Single Man (lovely), Invictus (inspiring), Shutter Island (good mystery/thriller).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquelin, I've heard from multiple people now that Despicable Me was really cute! I'm not sure if I'll make it to the theater (laziness), but it's definitely on my list.

    Jen, haven't seen A Single Man yet (love Colin Firth though...) I'll check it out! But I did see the other two and liked both. However I had a very hard time sleeping after Shutter Island. *shudder* I'm such a wimp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At a theater near you: Inception.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dad should get some royalties or something!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!