1.05.2011

It's better than bad -- it's good!

Happy New Year, everyone! (A few days late.) After spending a long weekend traipsing around Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts with friends for New Year's, we threw ourselves into work as soon as we got back. I can't believe it's already Wednesday.

As much as I try to be a responsible adult and am surrounded by adult things like deadlines and house projects, I usually can't help myself when it comes to cuteness. The other day I saw these in myimaginaryboyfriend's Etsy shop and they made me smile. (FYI they also come in brown.)


They remind me of Ren & Stimpy -- a childhood favorite. Here's the infamous "Log" commercial if you'd like a blast from the past:



Cute right? Okay, now it's back to the adult world. I am contracted to work 60-hour weeks at minimum all this month, and I have a funny feeling 2011 isn't going to let up even after February rolls around. If I were to have a New Year's Resolution, it would be to just take things one day, one step at a time and be thankful for the small things along the way.

Oh, and I'm also resolving to stop reading the comments under online news articles, because I just get frustrated and depressed. (Blog comments are all good though!)

Hope your New Year is off to a great start!

4 comments:

  1. haha. love it...

    remember the board game 'don't go wiz on the electric fence'?? that's from the same show ... right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. EK:

    Looks like Birch wood to me.
    60 hours a week!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that takes me back! I used to love Ren & Stimpy...Stimpy, you eeediot :) My cousins and I would always sing that song. Thanks for the reminder!

    Look at those long work weeks this way: you, like me, hates winter, but just think, if you're super busy it will fly by and it'll be spring before you know it. I try and keep myself busy after work whether it's walking the dog, or laundry, or an hour of Wii with Jas, whatever, keeping busy really takes your mind off the blizzard temps! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, ren & stimpy!! love those cute logs. Maybe I should put a basket of them near the fireplace we never use. :)
    i totally laughed at your resolution to stop reading the comments under news stories - because I do the same thing. i get so frustrated and angry at these complete strangers (that I think are idiots, of course). i'm going to steal that resolution and add it to mine. :)
    happy new year and hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!