5.10.2011

Overflowing

With all of the heavy spring rainstorms (and even a couple tornadoes), spring has been rather tumultuous here. Fortunately we were spared the worst of it; but still, the past two weeks we've been dealing with swollen streams, fallen trees, power outages and flooded streets. The permit office also tried to tell us our driveway project is taking too long -- but how can we finish it when the ground is a swamp and the rain keeps pouring down?


The past couple days have been gorgeous though -- the kind of spring days I wish would last all year. (But unfortunately we usually get only a handful of them.) As the water recedes and the road to the nearest outpost becomes passable again, my belly continues to grow and overflow.


Being pregnant hasn't been nearly as difficult as I expected, but finding clothes that fit is a challenge. To this point I've been wearing my regular pants, unbuttoned with a belly band holding them up, but soon maternity pants will be my only option. Shopping for maternity clothes has been a bit demoralizing for me; I can't find anything that fits right, that is supportive enough, that doesn't gape at the armholes or pull at the buttons. Maternity clothes are supposed to be designed for all of this crazy growing stuff, but apparently my proportions are just all wrong. I really hope I can find a swimsuit in time for our upcoming trip to the beach. The maternity tankinis my sweet friend lent me are already too small!

Spring just cannot contain all that's going on right now.

6 comments:

  1. I cannot believe the water!! And your belly is so adorable. Stinks that you are having trouble finding clothes that fit! That's bad enough on a regular day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 11, 2011

    Love your Toms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are some cool gold shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are adorable. and maternity clothes suck. i inherited all of mine. the main staple is stretchy skirts from old navy, non-maternity and about 10 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!

    Meghan, I've only bought 2 articles of actual maternity clothing, aside from a couple $6 maternity tank tops. Thank God for stretchy skirts!!

    And sugarmouse--they're TOMS. So comfy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!