6.07.2011

10 years ago

I graduated from high school 10 years ago this week! For a moment the other day I wondered where the time went, but in the past 10 years I graduated from college, got married, lived in 5 different states, bought a wreck of a house and am getting ready to have a baby... I feel that's plenty of significant events for 10 years, though it seemed to go by so quickly. Anyway I thought you might like to see what my bedroom looked like back then.


Yes, that is a "10 Things I Hate About You" poster... and a million other things. (You could have a really fun game of "I Spy" with this photo.) This whole arrangement kind of makes my head hurt now, but it still makes me happy to look at and remember the significance behind certain items. Amazingly, I remember what most of these items are, though there are a few things that I can't quite pinpoint.

The best part is, to this day I still like neutral furniture and walls, collages and bright colors -- just maybe not to this extent. Thanks to Jen from the Block who inspired me to dig out this photo!

What were you guys doing 10 years ago? Whose picture was on your high school bedroom wall?

4 comments:

  1. This is SO great. I love it. It reminds me of my bedroom back then!! So this was your 17/18 year old bedroom?? Man, I need to find a picture of mine. This photo is such organized chaos! There is a lot going on, but even the things that are taped to the wall are level :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Organized chaos" is exactly how I almost described this in the post... (and that's probably how I would describe my brain on a regular basis too.)

    I couldn't find any pictures of the rest of the room, but it was much more subdued... This was really the hub of activity/madness! But yes, there was some level of order here though it's not immediately apparent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of your high school room (very cute) next to the picture of your ball wreath is kind of interesting -- bright colors everywhere but a different execution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link! :) It was fun seeing you show up on A*T the other day.
    On my high school wall (1998-1999): Dawson's Creek & Titanic. Plus about a million pictures taped to the wall. Thank God my parents just let me do my thing. I'm way more minimal now but I loved that bedroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!