6.29.2011

Holes

Anyone ever seen that movie? Personally, I think it's Shia LaBeouf's finest work. Anyway, a lot of digging has taken place at the house recently, resulting in a lot of holes and ditches everywhere -- but that's actually a good thing. It means progress!


We've decided to bury our electrical lines along the side of the house. The electric company came today and approved the plan. Inspections are nerve wracking but always feel good when you get the thumbs up to keep moving forward! Unfortunately, our poor neighbor is likely not too thrilled about the mess this ditch is making in both our yards, but hopefully it'll be cleaned up soon and we can all move on.



Though not quite as impressive as the ditch in its length, this grave-like hole is a bit more extreme in that it is deeper and has rebar sticking out of it. After it's filled with concrete, this will be the foundation for the front porch. Oh what a happy day that will be, when we have a porch! I will be thrilled if we don't have to lug the baby and all her accessories all the way around the house and up the treacherous back stairs (our normal route) on a daily basis. I will also be thrilled when this spiky rebar is covered up -- it makes me nervous.

So this post is not very glamorous, but it's all part of the process. If I stuck to exciting "before and after" posts, I'd never have anything to post! But you have to admit, things are getting ever-so-slightly more exciting around here lately, right?

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 30, 2011

    Now that’s a significant step! (pun intended)
    I am very excited for you and am living vicariously
    through this project.

    Oh, a word about the spider,

    PEST CONTROL !

    (Dang-it, I hate spiders)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 30, 2011

    Emily Kate:

    That's my comment above.
    I still can't sign in
    and stay in.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, I had that problem with commenting for awhile too. I did some digging and discovered that if you UNcheck the "keep me signed in" box when you sign into your Google/gmail account, it should work. Seems counterintuitive, but it worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily Kate:

    It worked! You are the blog queen.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!