6.24.2011

Waiting.

We're ready for ya, little baby!


Well not really, but we sure are excited. Her little stuffed monster arrived yesterday from etsy seller althea1326. It's the softest, cutest darn thing you ever did see.

With just over 2 months to go until my due date, I am officially freaking out. There is so much to do at the house and at work before she arrives. I know that not all of it will get done. It's hard to admit, but it's the truth.

It's time to resort to my favorite college survival technique: selective slacking. One cannot possibly read 500 pages every night or finish renovating half a house in 2 months or successfully cross off everything on one's "To Do" list at work without exploding. So it's time to identify what absolutely must get done and what can wait, breathe deeply and try not to worry about the rest.

It's easier said than done, of course. Sometimes I think we must be crazy to take on so much, but then I realize that's the perfectionist in me talking. No situation will ever be perfect, but I can enjoy it and make the most of it just the same. I don't want to spend the last few weeks of my pregnancy freaking out. A.) It's supposed to be a happy, exciting time, and B.) Excessive worrying can cause early labor, and we really don't want that.

That said, I really hope we have nice weather tomorrow and the carpenters can come to work on the kitchen framing. That part is so close to being finished, and we really need to keep moving forward. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens, and then we'll go with the flow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm constantly faced with that reality - it not being physically possible to accomplish everything I want. It sounds like you have a very good attitude about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 27, 2011

    That is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!