6.22.2013

CRABBY APPLE RED: A LITTLE PREVIEW

Suddenly I love my house. As of right now (which would be Saturday afternoon), the painting crew is about 3/4 finished painting the board and batten siding. They'll be be back tomorrow to wrap up. More photos to come once it's all done. Until tomorrow, here's what it's looking like with a fresh coat of Crabby Apple Red. The late afternoon sun plays tricks with the camera and the color. The color has slightly purple undertones rather than orange, and for once I think we've picked just the right color.



They haven't gotten to the front or the trim yet, but by tomorrow afternoon things will be looking very different from the road. Can't wait.


Almost five years in, I think I've waited long enough. Worth it though. Loving the outcome so far. 

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. EK:

    Let me be the first to say that this looks just great! We do like a red house, and yours is taking on an air of finishedness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah EJune 23, 2013

    oh my goodness....................it looks GREAT! I love a red house. (mine is red, too) White trim is the only way to go. Our front door is a sort of gold 'ish brown. My hub picked up the color chip and it works...

    you will smile every time you come home!

    .......don't you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 01, 2013

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!