2.26.2015

MASTER BATH SNEAK PEEK


The master bathroom is becoming everything I hoped it would. Ez finished up the shelving nooks a few weeks ago, and I snapped this photo 5 minutes later on my phone. He claims these shelves are the best work he's done in the house yet, and they do make a truly huge impact both aesthetically and functionally.

Because the nooks weren't very square in this very old house, he made plywood boxes to fit and framed them with reclaimed wood. They blend in really well and are pretty much perfect. I had originally wanted floating shelves (kind of like this), but our stud situation wasn't ideal and everything was so off square Ez would've had to custom shape each shelf so there wouldn't be huge gaps between the shelves and the wall in certain places. He came up with this as Plan B (he's great at those), and I love how it turned out with the framing around all the edges.

I'm waiting to show you the whole bathroom until the claw foot tub is installed, the nail clippers behind the sink are put away, and it's all more put together in general. Right now it's pretty bare bones, but it's still one of my favorite rooms in this house.


8 comments:

  1. EK:

    It does look nice. The thing about the rough sawn look is that, once started, it's hard to stop.

    M&J

    (Did you know that the "Yellow Turtle" was up for sale? There's your next project!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was for sale... but we need another project like the Yellow Turtle needs another doily!

      Delete
  2. I love the framing as well. It's a very nice piece of work! I can't wait to see the completion of the bathroom! I'm sure it's going to look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished bathroom! Your shelves look so beautiful, and I love the reclaimed wood look. I'm sure floating shelves would've been great too, but I love this look so much more. Enjoy your new bath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wondered if the house is still on the market.......love the shelves! Ez is resourceful as is my husband.........he can always figure out a solution. Once the rough stuff is done it is fun to do the details.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still haven't listed it yet. We've had bad winter weather the past several weeks, and that has held up progress on the final projects. We're hoping to finish up and get it listed in the next few weeks! And hopefully find the right buyer fast. :)

      And yes, the details are way more fun than the rough stuff!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shelving...I can't believe Ez made them! Honestly, I like they look so much better than anything you could have bought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I hire Ez to make shelving for me?! Seriously, this looks so pretty, and I love the natural wood look. Can't wait to see the whole bath reveal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!