2.26.2009

Exposed Log: Now in Technicolor

Our old pal Chris has been hard at work on the logs this week, and they are getting out of control beautiful. I took these photos over the past 2 evenings, as S and I ooh-ed and ahh-ed over their new coat of stain. They had been covered with layers of lath, plaster and drywall for decades, but now they're looking fresh, new and way better than I expected.
Compare/Contrast: Dining room window:

Messy, but taking shape:

All we have in there for lighting is a worklight, so trust me when I say the photos don't do the new look any justice. Where it looked old and shabby before, it now looks hearty and almost polished--like a comfy and inviting tavern. It's a little hard to explain. The next step is the chinking, which is expensive but will make another huge difference in this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!