10.27.2009

Go ahead, judge 'em by their covers

My mom, whose wordly ways are primarily responsible for fostering my love of reading and writing, understood my obsession with these Penguin Cloth Bound Classics and got me all six of the titles they had at Anthropologie.

Counterclockwise-ish from the top: Wuthering Heights (E. Bronte), Great Expectations (Dickens), Sense and Sensibility (Austen), The Picture of Dorian Gray (Wilde), Pride and Prejudice (Austen) and Jane Eyre (C. Bronte).

It's a good thing I've read all of them before, because I enjoy looking at the covers so much that I just keep staring at the luxurious designs without actually opening them.

Happy birthday to me! Thanks, Mom and Dad! (And S, who served as the errand boy.)

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I've had Wuthering Heights on my shelf for a year or two now...I really need to pick it up and READ it! (it's not near as lovely looking as those though!)

    Thanks for your comment on my blog! And good luck with your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not judge a book by its cover if it went through all that trouble to get dressed up?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!