7.28.2010

Where I'd Like to Be Today

I have hit the ground running at my new job, which I started July 12 and am loving so far. (L-O-V-I-N-G!) The tough part is that I have an entire 70+ page website to rewrite in the next three weeks and a slew of other projects hanging fire. I am learning so much and typing so manically that brain is a soup by the time I get home... where I proceed to put another two hours into projects for my other job. It's a happy yet busy time, and I woke up feeling a bit zombie-like the past two days.

That's why this ultra-casual and relaxing bedroom is calling my name today... actually, it's more like a delicate, lulling whisper. This photo is one of the first inspiration images that caught my eye when we bought our house and started planning more than two years ago. I'm drawn in by the lighting, the multiple shades and textures of white and the overall lack of distraction in the room. There's no need to make the bed, because you'll just be getting right back into it. Or if you're me, you might just jump at the first opportunity to snuggle in and not get up at all for a day or two.

Image from Virgin Media.

3 comments:

  1. That bed looks delicious. It's already hard enough for me to get out of bed in the morning, I would probably never leave if this is what it looked like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying your new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used to think white rooms were cold and sterile, but am a recent convert. Soothing as mint or menthol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!