12.14.2010

Now Playing: Holidays 2010

I was planning to pull together a holiday playlist from a bunch of different artists for your enjoyment, but this year everyone else's attempts seem weak to me compared to what Sufjan Stevens has done to Christmas music. I really think he breathes new life into carols we've known forever, and his originals are beautiful and intimate.


MusicPlaylistView Profile

Hence, this all-Sufjan playlist of Christmas songs and winter tunes. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. (I don't think there's a lot of Sufjan fans in my readership, so you guys have to give at least two full songs a try before you decide it's not for you! It's a rule!)

These songs have been playing in the background of almost everything I've been doing lately, from working way too many hours to folding laundry.

Happy listening!

3 comments:

  1. Love Sufjan! Have you heard the All Delighted People EP? It's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes! And I am even digging Age of Adz -- it's not exactly easy listening, but so mindblowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Sufjan. How did I not know about a holiday album?! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!