1.27.2011

Snow day!

Well, not really. My office is opening two hours late, and I have two reports to write by the end of the day, so I'll be working steadily all day regardless of location and the layer of magic outside. We got about a foot, judging by the fact that the bottom step is snowed under.

S got stranded in the city last night, so I fretted a little about how I would get my car out. I parked closed to the very end of the driveway, but still -- that's a lot of shoveling for one smallish person who has been battling a cold. (And to make matters worse, I discovered yesterday when I got home from work that the shovel had fallen over and was already buried in the falling snow, so I'd have to first find and dig out the shovel before I could even dig out the car.)

But by the time I got up this morning, our kind neighbors had already dug me out with their snow blower. Remind me to pick up a gift or some sort of trophy for them after work. Everyday heroes, those guys. God bless 'em.

This is really our first "real" snow of the winter. Everywhere else on the east coast seems to have gotten slammed most of the winter, but we sort of missed everything that came through. I guess Old Man Winter felt we needed a break after getting socked in so many times last year. But I love a good snow day -- it's fresh and pretty outside, and breaks up the routine of a dreary winter week.

Okay -- back to my reports!

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe commute! We are not going anywhere today except outside to shovel. Thanks goodness for your kind neighbors!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I feel for you! Have absolutely no experience living in an climate that has snow and cannot imagine what that must be like. Be safe!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!