8.03.2011

Pouring!

I woke up at 6:30 this morning to some serious hammering, shouting and a weird combination of smells (cigarette smoke, gasoline and something else potentially dangerous). An engine roared. Men were swearing. This is what I saw out the 2nd floor window as I wandered/waddled sleepily into the hallway:


That, friends, is the very topmost part of a cement truck! Our gruff team of concrete dudes (seriously, I thought they were fighting when I heard all the shouting, but just that's their normal banter) got an early jump on things, and we're getting our super awesome burned kitchen floor poured today!

There is giddiness in my soul right now. Pics to come!

6 comments:

  1. YAY! So baby3820 will have a porch & kitchen floors to come home to. :) can't wait to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super EXCITING!!! When I saw the title "Pouring" I thought that maybe another torrential downpour was preventing that very same cement truck from driving into the yard to pour the kitchen floor. I personally cannot wait to see it stained. The top floor of the shop where Jas works is stained/clear-coated cement, and we absolutely love it. Yay for concrete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EK:

    Wow, it's right up there real close to the house isn't it? I like that radiant floor heat you have. We don't have it, but I like it. Do you know how long your total house project will take? 'Cause I've got to have another hobby lined up after you're done.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Lace, it really looks great -- haven't been able to take photos yet but I love it. It's sort of a variegated gray with a somewhat shiny topcoat.

    Don't worry Mel -- it'll probably be another 20-30 years before we're done. And yes, I kind of thought the truck was going to come right through the window, it was so close to the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! :D Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm super excited to see this. It's going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!