5.15.2015

RUSTIC INDUSTRIAL KITCHEN


There's something about this kitchen. For a long time, I wasn't sure it was going to work out. Early on we discovered half the room had no foundation, and then there was the fireplace fiasco, and we seemed to hit a dozen other speed bumps along the way. And now somehow, in the blur of the past 6 years, we're done and everything is legit! 

We still need to install the pulls on the cabinet doors under and flanking the range top, but for now I'm just thrilled that all the tools and dust are finally gone. (The kitchen has been our makeshift workshop--again--for about 6 months now.) 

In addition to having floor drains, which allow for easy cleanup, we also have a ceiling outlet hanging over the island. It's not the prettiest thing, but so very useful!

I made the little sink skirt out of a canvas drop cloth last week. I'm still undecided about whether I like it or not, but I thought some prospective buyers might not like seeing exposed plumbing. It does add some softness to the room, which is kind of nice in relation to all the concrete and stainless steel. 


I didn't do the stained stair runner as planned, because I didn't know if that would be universally liked, but I still love how this staircase and pantry corner turned out.


I know it's not everyone's style by any means, but I'm really happy with how it turned out overall! What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. I love it! But then again, the lovely mix of wood and metal involved in "rustic industrial" is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E, you're done it again! I like it very much, but you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the wood tones (stairs, range hood, door, log walls) really warms up the space already. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but really -- what house is? I think the folks that see the photos of the listing and put it on their list to view have already decided that style/look is for them. :)
    Hope your showing went well today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this room so damn much - as a former waitress I actually miss all those stainless steel work areas! I think this is first finished view I've seen of the sink side. As you said, probably not for everyone but you've done a great job making it feel cohesive and distinctive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful kitchen! This is such an inspiration for how I can remodel our cabin. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely. I adore your style! I found your blog after you replied to a comment I left on Reading My Tea Leaves. I love seeing what you did with your renovation, as my husband and I hope to purchase a fixer-upper cabin someday as well. Congratulations on your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Thank you for sharing. Hope to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful kitchen! The fireplace really brings a lot of character to the space.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!