10.27.2010

Birthday Surprise: Homemade Marble Baking Station!

S outdid himself for my birthday again this year. He made my baking station!!! The top is made of two old marble slabs found on Craigslist (yes, from the same source I had blogged about last week -- S fibbed about their thickness to throw me off the scent), and the legs are made from 100+ year old timbers we removed from our kitchen. I was floored. Could it be any cooler?

We're planning to put a shelf across the two side supports for storage, and maybe add some hooks for keeping oft-used tools hanging close at hand. I love it. It's perfect.

Kitchen items are starting to accumulate all over the house, which is a bit untidy but very exciting. The blanket on the floor is what we've had our wall oven wrapped in for protection until we can use it. (The oven is that silver box peeking out behind the table.) The fridge is still sitting in the corner of the living room as well. We won't know what to do when we finally have this kitchen finished! Oh right, we'll have a feast.

Seriously though, that husband of mine is so stinking thoughtful. Best birthday gift ever. Can't wait to bake that boy a pie.

6 comments:

  1. that looks amazing! I can't wait to see your kitchen put-together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap. that's awesome. How 'bout a DIY tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm liking the pipe and flanges as well. Nice job S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great gift! i love that he used timbers from the original kitchen. unique and beautiful! happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool project!

    Hey I thought of you today when I came across this bathroom design for a log home:
    http://carolreeddesign.blogspot.com/2010/10/modern-log-home-guest-bath.html

    It's always interesting to see what a professional interior designer would do with a home similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously so awesome! What a great husband! He did such an amazing job and it's going to look great in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!