12.19.2010

Twilight.


One of my favorite things about our house is the view from the living room. Though winter is something I endure more than I relish, I admit that I enjoy this view most in winter when all the trees are bare and the neighbor's pasture is in full view. The sad thing for me is that the prettiest time of day is so short -- I took this photo 15 minutes ago, and it's now already dark.

Just after I took this picture, an owl flew out of the tree behind me and swooped across the yard. I wish I'd gotten a picture of him too to prove to you that I really saw him, but his elusiveness kind of adds to his charm.

Progress on the house has been nonexistent... It's been so cold, and both S and I have been putting in record hours at work. He worked around 75 hours last week, and I think my eyes may be permanently bloodshot from staring at a computer screen day and night. We are blessed to be so thoroughly employed these days, so I'm not complaining. For all it's flaws, the house feels pretty cozy when we're both able to relax at the same time -- even though we keep it at 65 degrees.

This winter thing might not be so bad after all, as long as I don't have to go outside.

4 comments:

  1. Nice view EK, I do enjoy a farmland view. Land spreadin' out so far and wide, keep Manhattan just give that countryside.

    I've been wondering about your blog cabin and your progress. I'm suprized that you don't have more snow. We've got snow up to the horses hocks and more a-commin'. (I thought I'd throw in a little country fur ya)

    Have a Merry and Blassed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought you were posting a blog entry about the most addicting book series on the planet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds! Do you think I read such drivel??? Well, check out the next post... I posted just for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the view from your living room. That's something you just don't get living in a city. Raw beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!