11.21.2010

Rustic meets industrial in the kitchen.

Over the past two years we've been slowly gathering the pieces for our kitchen. At this point we have almost all of the major items -- most of which were salvaged or bought at auctions/sales at major discounts. Here's a little breakdown of what we're working with to create our rustic industrial dream kitchen.


Modern kitchen elements, from top left:
  • Whirlpool refrigerator, purchased at a Peak Auction
  • Bosch wall oven, purchased at a Peak Auction
  • Stainless prep table to be used as an island, still needed
  • Industrial pendant work lighting, salvaged (free!) from local school renovation (thanks dad!)
  • 48" Viking range top, clearance floor model from plumbing supply store
  • Two-bay prep sink with drain boards, purchased at Second Chance salvage warehouse
  • (Note: we're still scrounging for deals on a range hood and a dishwasher.)

Rustic kitchen elements, from top left:
  • Apple crates for storage, $5 at local orchard
  • Simple TEKLA dish towels, $.49 each at IKEA
  • Exposed log wall, circa 1880
  • Shop stools with wood seats, still needed (love these at modernss.com)
  • Open pipe shelving above the sink, to mimic the baking table
  • HH Warner Tippecanoe bottle, found under the kitchen floor
  • Marble topped baking table (made from plumbing pipe and original timbers from our house)
  • (Note: The kitchen also has an old brick fireplace that will add some rustic charm in a big way.)

You can check out the kitchen floor plan here to see how everything will be laid out. Though we're still waiting on a few things to align before we can move ahead with the project, I am getting so excited. It's all coming together nicely in my head, and that's enough to keep me from getting bummed out by the delays.

So, now that you can see the various pieces all in once place -- are you feelin it too?

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm definitely feelin' it. I think this is going to be my dream kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's going to look great! Love those pendant lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of very nice elements you have collected for a complete look. I like it all, particularly the baking table thing. Because:

    1] The wood is from your house

    2] "S" made it

    3] It's made of used things

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... Oh, and I like that pipe-as-shelve idea too. I hadn't seen that before. I may do that somewhere in the shop or someplace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shelves, and that huge sink. You guys are going to make so many memories in this kitchen - it will be worth the wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love it. Your kitchen is going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am obessed with your kitchen design and CANNOT wait until I get to see the final design (as I am sure that you are too). We plan a kitchen remodel in our 1901 house soon and love the mix of rustic and industrial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the encouragement guys! Meghan, I'm obsessed with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Information !! I appreciate your work.Thanks for sharing with us.
    Plumber Homewood, Al

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!